Here are the rules of conduct and respect on Le Monastère des Augustines’ social media platforms.
About our netiquette
Le Monastère has a presence on various social media platforms, and we invite you to consult our social media pages and express yourself there. Our netiquette sets out the rules of conduct and respect that must be adhered to by our followers and any other users who interact on our social media pages. It also sets out the rules for moderating comments. We are counting on all of you to apply good judgment and treat others fairly.
Rules of conduct and respect
For centuries, from within their cloistered walls, the Augustinian Sisters have promoted to Quebec society the values of compassion, openness and respect for all. We therefore invite you to uphold these values in the comments that you share with Le Monastère’s community. We ask that you remain inclusive, maintain a positive and respectful tone, and avoid trying to enforce your opinion on others.
The following will not be tolerated on our social media pages:
- Comments that are offensive, discriminatory, indecent, racist, obscene, disparaging, hateful, harassing, defamatory or insulting.
- Content that could cause prejudice to our clients, our employees, the Augustinians Sisters or our business partners.
- Content that may contain personal information such as phone numbers or email addresses.
Le Monastère is an open space that welcomes visitors from around the world, no matter what their cultural or religious background may be. Here, we encourage everyone to live their spirituality in their own private way. We approach religion from a historical and cultural perspective. As such, debating questions of religious beliefs or any other form of allegiance is not permitted on our social media networks.
To preserve a positive, caring atmosphere and encourage constructive discussions:
- Le Monastère reserves the right to ignore, hide or delete any comment if it is offensive, discriminatory, indecent, racist, obscene, disparaging, hateful, harassing, defamatory or hurtful.
- Le Monastère reserves the right to hide or delete a comment if it is unrelated or posted several times.
- Le Monastère reserves the right to block or remove a follower if their actions are deemed to be inappropriate or harassing.
- Le Monastère reserves the right to delete a comment if there is any doubt as to the identity of the author of said comment.
- Moderation usually takes place during office hours, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Welcome to our caring community!
Le Monastère cannot be held responsible for content or opinions conveyed by users on its social media pages or platforms. Only the authors can be held accountable for their comments. Le Monastère reserves the right to make changes to its netiquette at any time and without advance notice.